Claire Loveridge (BA Hons)
8 Mallow Gardens
|Telephone:||+44 (0)16 35 86 18 39|
|Thatcham||Mobile:||+44 (0) 78 79 47 29 29|
|Berkshire RG18 4ES||E-mail:||email@example.com|
High quality, customer focused freelance translator with
many years business experience and a degree in French and Russian, with
excellent language skills and English mother tongue. Specialist areas -
internet, websites, technology and business.
FREELANCE TRANSLATOR (part-time)Projects include:
- French to English translation of business text for press release (468 words)
- French to English translation of tourism/marketing text for Saint Laurent du Var (1300 words)
- French to English translation of advertising text for apartment building in Nice (800 words)
- French to English translation of power point presentation for the beauty industry (6578 words)
- French to English translation of marketing document for Cannes (300 words)
- French to English translation of press release and information on a new beauty product (1038 words)
- French to English translation of a website for the service industry (1329 words)
- French to English translation of competition terms and conditions in the field of technology (3466 words)
- French to English translation of a personal letter
- Translation of application forms, from Russian to English, in field of immigration
I work for a web development company, where in addition to my role as business manager, I am responsible for a small number of clients. Responsibilities involve, copy writing website text, proofreading text, writing newsletters, researching key word terms, incorporating key word terms in existing copy, running pay per click advertising campaigns and critiquing existing websites.
Business Studies was a major component of my degree. In addition, for the last five years I have worked as a business manager involved in all aspects of running a business including finance, HR, and marketing, gaining invaluable practical understanding and knowledge of all areas of business reinforcing the academic understanding of my degree.
For 2 years I worked in the marketing department of a software development company, where I was involved in all aspects of the marketing mix including advertising campaigns and events. I am now involved in the marketing at the web design company. I am therefore knowledgeable about all aspects of marketing.
I am passionate and knowledgeable about IT and evolving technologies, with experience of working at both a software house and a web development company. Consequently I am familiar and comfortable with software terms and new technologies such as blogs, flash memory, CSS feeds etc.
QUALIFICATIONSBA (Hons) degree in French and Russian with Business Studies from Swansea University, Swansea, UK
Part of the degree was spent studying at the Moscow Institute of Physics & Technology, Russia. I also took a sabbatical from my studies to spend time studying with the Alliance Française in Paris.
|• Desktop PC & Laptop
• Off site daily backup
• 2 Mb ADSL Internet connection
• Printer, scanner and photocopier
|• MS Windows XP
• MS Office 2003
• Anti virus software
• Adobe reader
|2005-date||Established practice as a part-time translator|
|2004-date||Web on High Limited, Business Manager|
|All aspects of business management for a web design
• Personnel management (payroll, PAYE, stakeholder pensions, contracts etc.)
• Facilities management (Health & Safety, risk assessments, office insurance etc.)
• Financial management (budgets, profit & loss, credit control and contracts etc)
• Project management of new websites to be developed (copy writing, editing, proofreading of text, developing terms and conditions)
|2003-2004||ARC Training, Business Manager|
|Security management training company, primarily dealing
with Russian delegates from a large oil company in Moscow,
• First point of contact with the company using Russian skills as required
• Ensuring all documentation such as welcome letters, hotel information and announcements available to delegates in Russian.
• Developed and maintained relationships with other international and UK clients, often relying on my language skills.
|2000-2002||IBS (Public Services) Ltd, Marketing Assistant|
|Software development company.
• Assist in all aspects of the marketing mix including design and development of brochures, publicity material, and advertising material,
• Copy write direct mail pieces and internal marketing communications
• Provide a logistics and administration service for all marketing events
|1997-1998||Experian Limited, Customer Service Officer|
|Credit reference agency, dealing with financial records
• deal with enquiries from consumers relating to the Data Protection Act 1998
• liaise with credit providers to ensure correct credit information
|1996-1997||United Parcel Services, Customer Service Agent|
• take bookings, track and trace parcels,
• investigate customer complaints and liaise with depots
• deal with French and Russian customers
• deal with customs in Russia and France
|Traveled through Australia and South Pacific, undertaking
several temporary positions in Australia to fund further travels.
I have also spent time over a number of years living and working
in France and living in Russia.